- During this exciting and adventurous period, baby’s development is all about exploration and self- discovery.
- She’ll be gaining early fine motor skills such as reflexive grasping, finger control and hand-eye coordination.
- She’ll also be gaining cognitive skills such as
- Responding to motion, sight and sound,
- Exploration thorough touch and feel
- Understanding connection between cause and effect
Demonstration of Skills
|Fine Motor||Language and Math||Cognitive||Social and Emotional|
|Move objects from one hand to the other||Coos and babbles||Understand that an object is still there when they can't see it (e.g. hidden under a blanket)||Express several different clear emotions|
|Drop and pick up toys||Makes a lot of different sounds like “mamamama” and “bababababa”||Imitate gestures and actions||May be afraid of strangers|
|Bang two objects together||Enjoy looking at picture books/toys||Has favorite toys|
|Let go of objects on purpose||Pay attention to simple commands such as ‘no’ and ‘give it to me.’||Play games like Peek-a-boo|
|Put things into containers (with large openings) and take them out again||Respond to you when you talk to them or make gestures||Doesn't play with other children|