- Skills of your busy toddler get a lot more advanced in this group!
- Fine motor skills such as enhanced hand-eye coordination, pincer grip and stacking more than 5 blocks!
- Socio-emotional skills such as understanding common expressions will come together here.
- Learning rhythm, creating music and solving 7 piece puzzles will boost cognition.
- Math and language skills enhanced by sorting and understanding simple words, names of objects, colors and shapes.
Demonstration of Skills
|Fine Motor||Language and Math||Cognitive||Social and Emotional|
|Build a tower with 4-6 blocks||Uses 10 - 20 different words||Sort and stack similar objects||Imitate adult’s actions and words|
|Put 4 rings on a stick||Starts to combine 2 words (e.g. baby sleep)||Increased recognition of familiar objects in book and toys||Understands more words and commands. Improved responses to words and commands|
|Put large pegs in a pegboard||Imitates sounds and words more clearly||Understand common expressions and feelings|
|Put large shapes into a shape sorter||Points to objects and/or uses gestures to show or direct attention to something|